This is a soy mastic remover designed for use on almost every mastic removal job. With almost no odor, this can be used in occupied buildings, and it has a flash point over 400 degrees. It works quickly to remove mastic found under vinyl asbestos tile, vinyl composite tile, ceramic tile, and even on the really tough yellow or tan adhesives used to glue carpet. This does take a little longer to liquify black mastic than other petroleum-based mastic removers, but it does get the job done safely and environmentally friendly. VOC and CARB Compliant.
ENVIROSAFE Mastic Remover is the fastest working soy mastic remover in the marketplace. This product is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and contains no glycol ethers.
1. Read and understand the safety data sheet (SDS) when using this product.
2. Prepare a safe work area by; protecting walls, drains, cracks, carpeting, woodwork and any other surface that may come in contact with the mastic remover. Set up decontamination chambers and a negative air system.
3. Remove floor tile according to local and federal regulations.
4. Apply ENVIROSAFE Mastic Remover to the defined areas, either manually or with a pump spray until areas are completely saturated. Agitate the product with a stiff bristled broom or brush.
5. Allow the mastic remover to penetrate and soften the adhesive for at least 20-30 minutes.
6. After the mastic has dissolved, use a squeegee to collect liquefied mastic in a pile
and use an absorbent to soak up liquid. Dispose waste according to
local and federal regulations.
7. Once the adhesives have been satisfactorily removed, use a wetting agent, to wet out and remaining particles to make certain they don’t become airborne.
8. The final step is to use a heavy-duty degreaser, to remove residual mastic remover from the substrate and to speed up the time between mastic removal and resurfacing. The degreaser is applied straight and scrubbed into the
surface as water is added, with agitation, to ‘float’ the solvent out of the substrate.
9. Allow the surface to dry a minimum of 24-26 hours before applying new mastic
and/or new flooring.
Appearance: Clear Liquid
Boiling Point: >300
Vapor Density: NA
Flash Point: >203F (TCC)
DOT Shipping Class: 55
Shipping Weight: 5 gal. pail 35 lbs.
55 gal. drum 386 lbs.
Specific Gravity: 0.94—0.95
Solubility in Water: Emulsifies
Coverage Rate: Up to 225 sq. ft. per gallon
Boiling Point: > 248 F
HMIS Rating: 0-2-0
Shelf Life: None
DOT Shipping Name: Not DOT Regulated
On containers less than 120 gallons
$120.00 for a 5 gal pail, $1150.00 for a 55 gal drum
BULK BUY OPTIONS
Buy a Pallet (36) at $115.00 per pail or (4) $1100.00 for a 55 Gal drum. Buy 1 pallet get free freight. Buy 2 pallets save 5% on pallet pricing