ABCO Supply became a NARI Kansas City Chapter member in 2011. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) is an organization of high-quality remodeling industry professionals. Its members are committed to integrity, high standards, professional education and market recognition. We joined NARI, as we share the same ethos and felt like we could be a beneficial part of the organization, through the supply of superior products, our product knowledge and our commitment to safety.
Outside of buying your home, remodeling may be the single biggest investment you make. You need to know that the remodeling contractor you choose is a full-time, dedicated remodeling professional. Because NARI members voluntarily follow a strict Code of Ethics, you can be assured your NARI remodeler is properly insured and following all local, state and federal regulations. When you hire a NARI member, you are hiring an individual who has made a strong commitment to professionalism.
Code of Ethics:
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business by:
- Promoting in good faith only those products and services which are known to be functionally and economically sound, and which are known to be consistent with objective standards of health and safety.
- Making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer.
- Writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state and local laws.
- Promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints.
- Refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition
- Obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state and local authorities.
- Obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state and local authorities.
- Taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors and clients.
You know you are in safe hands with a NARI Contractor.
For a list of local NARI Contractors click here
For Homeowner resources click here
For great advise and the opportunity to listen to experts catch: NARI Home Time Radio Show 1-2 PM Wednesday on:
To listen Click Here
For the archives for previous shows, click here
Our own, Joanna Schiller spoke about asbestos and lead. To listen to her interview, click here
For Contractors and Remodellers:
The mission is to support member-focused education and encourage business relationships. To fulfill this mission, Kansas City NARI will serve its members by:
- Providing education and certification programs
- Offering networking and marketing opportunities
- Creating a public awareness that makes NARI a household name
- Growing a dynamic organization
Kansas City NARI is committed to the following values as a measurement of all our actions:
- Member-focused – Continually expand and/or improve quality services for NARI members.
- Financial Responsibility – Exercise sound financial management in the best interest of our members.
- Community Service – Foster a sense of community within the NARI membership as well as give back to the community in which we live and work.
- Cooperation – Provide an environment in which the members and leaders work cohesively for the betterment of NARI
- Integrity – Demonstrate ethical business practices by following our Code of Ethics and showing respect for fellow members and the organization.
- Recognition – Honor the traditions that have been established of recognizing members, their companies and their employees for contributing to the professionalism of the remodeling industry.
Being a NARI Member, gives you access to Marketing opportunities- through their website and advertising; Listings in ‘NARI KC Remodelling Guide’ which is released annually and given to consumers through the Home and Garden shows and Tours and available with some retailers; access to training- Master Certified Remodeler (MCR), Certified Remodeler, Certified Remodeler Specialist, Certified Remodeler Associate (CR/CRS/CRA), Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR), Certified Green Home Professional (CGHP), Certified Remodeling Project Manager (CRPM), Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC), and Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP); Opportunities to win Regional and National Awards for your work; Networking opportunities with suppliers and other contractors and remodelers at monthly luncheons held at Hallbrook Hall, Leawood, KS; Access to remodelling shows such as the Johnson County Home and Garden Show in which consumers “Ask the Expert’,Greater Kansas City HBA Home & Lifestyle Show to ‘Ask the Expert’, chance to show your work at the twice-annual- NARI Remodeled Homes Tour; Social opportunities such as Chilli contests, Poker Nights, Gym sessions, Happy Hours and Vacations; Educational opportunities through Speakers, roundtable discussions, articles and training for your field workers; Opportunities to develop the new generation through the Futures Fund, Careers Trade Fairs and School Careers days; Opportunity to be part of committees to develop KC NARI and the construction and remodelling industry in the Kansas City Metro Area.
For contractors interested in joining the KC Chapter of NARI, click here
You must be logged in to post a comment.